Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

My First Frenchie!!

Ok, so being that I always had super short nails, one of the first things I dreamed about when I started growing them out was having a french manicure. I literally have been waiting MONTHS for my nails to grow past the ends of my fingers, and they finally have!! Well just barely, but still, it counts!

I recently purchased Zoya - Angella, which I thought would be a perfect base colour for a Frenchie. I was not disappointed, this colour is phenomenal. In the bottle it's a pearly white with like a pink duo colour thing going on. On my nail it had more of a iridescent pink flaky look... either way I LOVE it and I will definitely be wearing it again.
I stamped the french tip with Konad Princess Polish in white and Plate M19. Now I thought this would be easy peasy with the stamps, but I was somewhat mistaken. Line up on the tip is tough, although I'm sure if my nails were longer it wouldn't be as hard. I missed on about 6 out of 10, which I was more than pleased with, and touched up a few with L.A. Colors Art Deco white.  My thumb looks ragged in this picture, but in real life it looked fine.

 I slapped on a coat of Sally Hansen eXtreme Wear in Disco Ball and 2 coats of Seche Vite to even out the graininess of the glitter. I think it came out pretty good for my first real attempt at something other than flower stamps. The sparkles definitely helped hide a lot of the imperfections. How do you guys feel about french manicures? What are your favorite colour combos?

No comments:

Post a Comment