Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Soulstice Spa Vegan Polish - Troy swatch

I recently got my first bottle of Soulstice Spa vegan nail polish and thought I would do a little review/swatch for you. Before ordering it, I had a really hard time finding any swatches for this brand so I kind of closed my eyes, pointed, and hoped for the best. I was not disappointed!
 Soulstice Spa Nail Colours are 100% vegan, cruelty free, and partial proceeds of all sales go to various environmental and non profit agencies.

So here I am wearing Troy, and I have to say I LOVE IT! The base is a sort of charcoaly, purpleish, chocolate jelly, and it has tons of metallicy particles. It's not quite shiny enough to call it glitter, (maybe this is glass fleck??)  but it adds great dimension to the colour and it looks absolutely stunning. This would be a great colour to wear to the office or a night out. Now if any of you are familiar with Vancouver, you will know once summer is over, its grey and rainy for the next 9 months so all of these are under artifical light. 

No base coat, 3 coats of Troy, and NO top coat



^ Bathroom Lighting ^

^Living room lighting^

With flash: this shows a little more of the true base colour, it really is very pretty.

Pros:
  • I really like the brush, it fanned out well and I didn't find myself having to go over 1000 times to cover my nail, which for a noob like me has ruined many a mani.
  • It builds up really well, didn't get goopy on my nails.
  • Dries super glossy, I didn't even have to use top coat. It dried to super smooth glassy finish.
  • Cures very quickly. Usually I use top coat to help get my polish to a reasonable state before doing anything but usually still end up with smoosh marks and indents This stuff didn't really get tacky it just got dry, and I love love love that.


Cons:  
  • Its extremely thin. I used 3 coats but could have easily gone for a 4th, then again this is probably partially why it dries so well. 
  • The handle on the bottle is very short and it took a couple muck ups before I got a really good handle of it.
  • It's smaller than most of my other polishes 0.43oz compared to most of my others 0.5oz


Overall the 'cons' aren't even really cons, more like minor inconveniences, lol. I will definitely be picking up more of their colours in the future!


You can find Soulstice Spa on the Nail polish Canada website, check out all the great colours here.

No comments:

Post a Comment